Thursday, September 3, 2009

Moving

As some of y'all already know, I'm no longer in AK. It breaks my heart to say that, but I've made the decision to move on to other interesting, exciting, and mentally demanding pursuits, known more commonly as the PhD.

I'm down in Utah now, that the University of Utah, where I'll spend the next three years hacking away at a dissertation in hopes of coming out on the other side with a few more letters behind my name. (And a better understanding of how and why outdoor recreation is a critical social force for the world we live in).

It would seem odd to chronicle these PhD adventures here, so I'm moving to rachelsphd.wordpress.com. If you're interested in keeping track of the victories, hair pulling disasters, and very late nights that come with PhD world, you can find my ramblings (and occasional insights) there.

Cheers!
Rachel

No comments: