Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mellow

Things have been pretty mellow around here lately, which honestly, I’m quite enjoying. I’ve been trying to track my hours in the office to make sure that I’m getting some time away from the desk and outside enjoying being in Alaska.

The weather has cooled off a bit, and we’re back into our typical cool and overcast skies. I think this weather is more my speed, I was starting to worry that I might actually melt in all the heat. One of the guides here, Matt, and I were talking about how we can’t believe that it’s already past the 4th of July. Where did summer go?! It can be truly amazing how you can have the best intentions in the world to do so many things, and they all just don’t quite happen. Duane and I were really hoping to get up to Haines and Skagway at some point, and spend more time in Juneau, but with both of us working the rest of the summer is filling up fast.

On a completely different note: wish I had a camera right now, Sigurd is passed out on the floor and has his limbs splayed like he’s a bearskin rug on the floor, and he looks like he just collapsed there. I think I should take him for a walk down to the beach, but I don’t have the heart to wake him up yet. Puppies: such sweet things when they are sleeping, such little terrors when they are awake.

That’s all the news from here!

1 comment:

Winnie said...

Hi Rachel and Duane---and Sigurd, too. I hear he's definitely one of the family. This is Gramma Winnie in Esko!

Jan is visiting us for a few days and in talking about things, your blog came up---so here we are looking and writing. Your pictures of mountains, the ocean, and all are so gorgeous. If we were still in our traveling mode we certainly would be visiting you! But surprisingly I'm finding that armchair traveling can be a pleasure too.

You probably know that Grampa has been having some health ups and downs. Today has been UP and we're enjoying it.

I'll go back to looking at your blog now---We love you, Gramma